Blaymore 1, Sewickley PA
Somerset Coal International
Objective Tenant Representation Services
Somerset Coal International, Inc. (SCI) is leading the way in coal recovery. Before now, traditional coal recovery processes could not capture fine coal. With SCI’s Sub325 ™ fine coal recovery system, 95% or more of this ultra-fine clean coal is recovered creating a new revenue stream while reducing waste and promoting a more efficient and environmentally cleaner operation. SCI has also acquired Somerset Environmental Solutions, Inc. (SES) which is a water remediation technology that cuts costs by some 40% to 80% and keeps customer sites in compliance more consistently. After working with Carrie previously, SCI turned to her for help again some two years prior to the expiration of its headquarters lease to determine if renewing or relocating within the Pittsburgh area would best meet the future corporate real estate needs of this growing organization.
Carrie identified SCI’s current and projected future needs, the line item and total square footage required, prepared a market survey of all viable options, toured spaces, had test fit plans prepared, construction budgeted, and strategically leveraged the competitive market in order to negotiate business terms and lease protections structured to help SCI achieve further success at a new location in the Pittsburgh area.
- Flexibility to grow in multi-building corporate complex
- Space customized to efficiently suit needs
- Majority of construction paid by landlord including upgrades
- Reduced cost despite improved building image
- Expansion & renewal options
- Multiple lease protections
- Monument signage
- Engaged Carrie twice to provide strategic corporate real estate solutions for headquarters